Winter Park Restaurants and Dining - The Local Dining Options based on Winter Park Locals
Winter Park, one of the top ski resort towns in Colorado, has a variety of dining options sure to suit any taste and budget. Read through our “Top Rated” Winter Park restaurants list based on our local knowledge and guest feedback.
Also note some of the new restaurants in town this year, we have heard that they are good, but would also love to have your feedback. Please be sure to send us your comments and recommendations on the list of restaurants new and old below. Send us an email here or give us a call on your opinion at 800-545-9378.
Lunch or Dinner Dining Options:
1. Fontenot’s Seafood & Grill: Seafood, steaks, chicken, and pasta. A great selection of wines by the glass and micro brews. Serving lunch and dinner daily. Take out available. Located in King’s Crossing Shopping Center, downtown Winter Park. (970) 726-4021.
2. Alberto's: In a contemporary, casual setting, Alberto’s offers the best of Chef Alberto Sapien’s past, present, and future culinary favorites in appetizers, entrees, soups and salads, USDA Prime dry aged steaks, and desserts. We also serve 17 types of gourmet pizzas. Located in downtown Winter Park, Cooper Creek Square Shopping Center, upper level, handicap accessible. (970) 726-4747
3. Tabernash Tavern: In a warm and casual setting, Tabernash Tavern offers inspired creations from Chef Alberto, including an international mix of appetizers, entrees, soups and salads, and desserts. Several items on the menu change out every two weeks, so there’s always something new to try! Tabernash Tavern opened in 2008, but is decorated in a vintage “Tabernash” style that harkens back to years gone by. Collections of beer cans, jumping skis from the Olympics, fishing memorabilia, and other eclectic items decorate the walls and ceilings of Tabernash Tavern. Located in Tabernash, Colorado, Tabernash Tavern is just an 8-minute drive from Winter Park Ski Resort, and well worth the trip. Reservations are strongly recommended, (970) 726-4430.
5. Hernandos Pizza Pub: Yummy fresh homemade pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli, and desserts. Enjoy the warm, cozy atmosphere and delicious Italian cuisine at reasonable prices. This establishment has developed something of a pizza legend in Winter Park. Ask any local where the best pizza in town is! (970) 726-5409.
6. Ranch House Restaurant Gorgeous location and atmosphere located at Devil's Thumb Resort. All your senses will appreciate the Ranch House Restaurant. This restaurant only uses fresh, organic ingredients wherever possible for our New American Mountain Cuisine. Open always for appetizers and dinner most evenings, and lunch on weekends. Reservations recommended. Call (970) 726-5633.
7. Carlos & Marias: Located on the second floor in the Cooper Creek Shopping Center. Serviing traditional mexican fare, children’s menu available. Enjoy our premium house margaritas in a fun and festive atmosphere. Happy hour daily from 3:30pm to 6pm. (970) 726-9674.
8. Pearl Dragon II: Located next to Safeway in Fraser, we only use the freshest & top quality ingredients in our cooking. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our full menu is available for dining in or take out. (970) 726-5252.
9. New Hong Kong: Serving the highest quality of healthy Szechuan, Cantonese and Mandarin food. Lunch specials daily. Dine in or take out. Located in Cooper Creek Square, downtown Winter Park. Located in Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park, New Hong Kong serves the freshest authentic Chinese food in the valley. Bring friends in to try a flaming volcano drink. Great for the whole family. Dine or carry out. Call (970) 726.9888 to see if delivery is available for orders over $30.00 or more. Open everyday for lunch and dinner (except Tuesdays during off season).
10. Star of India: The Star of India is located in Cooper Creek Square and offers richly varied menu of fresh natural ingredients and flavorful spices for diners wishing to treat their taste buds. The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat buffet option or you can order off their extensive menu. Take-out and catering services are available. Bar service includes four Indian wines, half a dozen Indian beers, and Indian-style martinis and cosmos. Open for dinner 3pm to 10pm daily; closed on Mondays. (970)726-5991.
11. Azteca Mexican: Azteca is a family Mexican restaurant located in Fraser. This newer restaurant open in 2008. All food is made from scratch with the freshest ingredients daily. Voted “Best Homemade Tequila” by The Denver Post and “Best Margaritas” in Grand County. Open daily from 11am serving lunch and dinner. Full bar and carry out is available. (970) 726-4145
12. Gasthaus Eichler: Located in downtown Winter Park, this authentic German restaurant was established in 1987 and has its original owners back! The gourmet restaurant offers lunch and dinner, full bar and daily specials in a casual atmosphere. Early bird dinners start at 5pm. Enjoy traditional German fare and American dishes. (970) 726-5133.
13. Winter Park Sushi Bar: Locally owned and operated since 2003, the Sushi Bar strives to create an exceptional and unforgettable dining experience through excellence and creativity in our foods. Come enjoy our creative atmosphere, energetic staff, daily and weekly specials. (970) 726-0447
14. The Smoke House BBQ: Smoked from 12 - 15 hours, we take time to smoke our meat! Dine in or BBQ to go. Enjoy brisket, pork shoulder, all natural chicken, all natural hot links. Sides include coleslaw, baked beans, mashed potatoes, kettle chips, mac and cheese. Sauces range from Hardman's Gold Sauce, Sweet & Tangy, Hickory Thick and Colorado Kicker Hot (yow!). Weekly specials, sandwiches, pork ribs, wings and specialties. 970-722-0277.
Lunch Dining Options:
1. Fraser Valley Hot Dog: Home of Chicago Style Dogs and Game Sausages with altitude, authentic Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Brats, Burgers, Gyros, Ice Cream and Sandwiches. We feature Vienna Beef and Denver CO's Continental Sausage products. Best value in town, best food in town, locally owned and operated. Fresh, fast, delicious. (970) 726-1021.
Breakfast/Lunch Dining Options:
1. Carvers Bakery & Cafe: Cute little restaurant located on the west end of Cooper Creek Square, Winter Park’s locals favorite for breakfast and lunch for over 30 years. Fresh ingredients go into their breakfasts and lunches – waffles, omelettes, fruit smoothies and energy drinks, sandwiches, homemade soups, and salads. Breakfast everyday from 7am until 2pm featuring Mexican and American specials. Yummy mimosas and bloody marys! (970) 726-8208
2. Rudi’s Deli: Located right in downtown Winter Park at the Park Plaza Shopping Center – Just the perfect spot to pick up a quick Rudi’s breakfast, lunch (sandwiches/soups and salads to go for dinner). Dine in or take out. Enjoy fresh homemade bagels and bread, sandwiches, burritos, soups, chili, cookies, brownies and other desserts. Kid’s menu options are available. Free wireless internet. Open daily from 10am to 8pm. Check out off season daily specials on Rudi's deli website. (970) 726-8955.
New Restaurants = New Dining Options:
1. Elevation Pizza: Written about in our blog. Heard that the pizza was exceptional, check out our article here: Under "Who Likes Pizza?". Dine in, take out or get delivery. That is a bonus because none of the other pizza places in Winter Park or Fraser deliver to your door but only offer takeout. Fresh pizza dough made daily with San Marzano Tomato Sauce. Highest quality toppings, choose between a 12 or 16 inch. Also offer breadsticks, salads and cookies. For more information on this new pizza place check out Elevation Pizza or give them a call at (970) 726-0066.
2. The Library Sports Grille & Brewery: Located on main street in downtown Winter Park. Specializing in 8 in house brews and offer a full bar. View your favorite sporting event on any of our eleven TVs. Menu has pizza, burgers, salads and steaks. (970) 726-7951.
Be sure to visit these great Restaurants in Winter Park CO on your Colorado Mountain Vacation.